Thursday, February 3, 2011

Showered with *LOVE*



This past weekend I flew home to Tennessee and had a huge baby shower in my hometown Bolivar.  The airport was interesting I had lots of comments (congrats, should you be flying?, I can't believe you are 8 months, etc).  TSA did not even pay attention to me in security because they were to interested in my baby belly.  I will really miss the perks of pregnancy!  
Anyways back to the shower it was at one of my best friends from high school's shop Greenberry Bright.  The shower was perfect and I was overwhelmed with all thoughtfulness of all these people that helped shaped me throughout my early years.  I am so blessed and I try to not go a day without realizing it.  I had friends drive from all over just to see my belly and spend time with me.  We talked every night until at least midnight and woke up the next morning and talked some more.  It was the PERFECT grown up girl's weekend.  Mac was well taken care of with all his gifts and we feel much more prepared. 
Leaving my parents was emotional and exciting.  It is really hard to explain, but I think it has alot to do with me being the baby in the family.  I have always been the young cool wild and free Aunt.  The next time I am home I will have a family of my own.  I am very ready and excited, but that other chapter in my life is about to end.  My dad got me with these words "You will always be my little girl."  Wow tear jerker!

These beautiful pictures were done by my bestie Amy Love!!! ENJOY!!







My Sweet Mom (MiMi) and I

8 months!
"No little boy will keep me from my heels!"
Mariellen Rigby

Pa paw and Haley Grace


Thank you to all of the hostess!!! It was such a wonderful event! I love you all!

7 weeks or less until Baby Mac is here!!!   

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sweet Baby Malcolm (i had the urge to use his full name!) has lots of love to look forward to! It was such a fun weekend....it's funny how our definition of a fun weekend has changed over the years...but I wouldn't want it any other way. Can't wait to watch you be an amazing mom! You will be.

Jamie said...

Mariellen, you are going to be a great mommy!! I can't wait to meet my newest little nephew...see, now is my turn to be the "cool Aunt." See you in a couple of weeks!!