Saturday, February 19, 2011

Pregnancy

 I have loved wearing  things that show off my sweet boy bump.  The old wives tale of how you carry a boy or girl must be somewhat true because everywhere I go these days I hear "you are having a boy."  Only time will tell with other pregnancies because my mom carried all three of us like a basketball.
Overall I have really enjoyed being pregnant. I have already started thinking about how much I will miss all the sweet comments, perks, and help I have had along the way. I work with the best group of guys and girls. They do not let me lift a finger even when I try and forget that I am not supposed to be doing certain things.  I have loved eating desserts and drinking regular coke without feeling guilty.  Mac's hiccups are my favorite thing I can feel him do.  At my appointment Wednesday he had them while we were listening to his heartbeat.  The doctor and I both got pretty tickled.  My least favorite part was the morning sickness.  I am sure all the nasty smells at my work did not help that in the least bit.  I do not know that nesting has set in because I am overly organized in general.  The husband has to hang Mac's shelf and then I will reveal his nursery.  Mike and our parents have gone above and beyond to give me the nursery I had hoped for!!  When we found out I was pregnant I could not go back to our beautiful TN home because it made me so sad that we would not be starting our family in that house.  Mac's nursery has made our tiny VA house a home.  I go in there and imagine what life will be like once he is here.  Our DC shower is in two weeks and I cannot wait!!  God has blessed me with such wonderful friends here!!!  

2 comments:

The Davis Family said...

Can't wait to see the nursery!

Lindsay With An "A" said...

My heavens! You look SO beautiful in this picture! So glad you posted on my blog because I got a new computer and didn't have your blog URL saved on my new computer!