Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Updates on Life

  • Mac looked great at our Non-stress test (NST) and Amniotic Fluid Index (AFI) on Tuesday!  We have been having those weekly since 32 weeks leaving each time with a good report.
  • His head is way down and they let me know small CONTRACTIONS have started!!!!  I havn't noticed them, but I was very excited to hear my body is starting the process on it's own.
  • Still working out about 3 days a week and weight gain total as of last week 17 lbs!! (healthy range for normal BMI is 25-35lbs)  I was hoping for the low end of that range and as of right now I should reach my goal.  I am very pleased with my 17!  Mac should be weighing almost 5 lbs now.  I have noticed some first trimester symptoms returning at times.  We have our last big ultrasound next Tuesday
  • Work mess breakdown-  I found out two weeks ago that the rehab companies where I work are changing.  The building wants to keep our entire rehab team and the new company led us to believe they were going to make the switch easy effective March 1st.  I immediately had such a sick feeling come over me.  This would happen a month or so before I am due with our first child. The past 9 months I have planned my maternity leave, insurance, and PTO all to spend precious time with Mac.  The new company did none of the above.  They low balled "me only" an offer and asked for a two year commitment with no maternity leave.  To be honest I was devastated at first about the possibility of them messing up my time I had planned with our little boy and second at the principal of it all.  How did he make that offer to 8 1/2 months pregnant woman and sleep that night????  They did knowing I would not accept it and they would not have to pay my benefits while I am off.  It is 100% discrimination and I have since found out this type of thing happens frequently to women in the workplace.  It just makes me SICK!!  So no corporate America I will never accept such an offer in my industry!!
  • Mike to the rescue- Thank God for my amazing husband!!!  I cannot explain the level our marriage has gone to during this pregnancy.  I cannot wait to see how even more in love we will be once our little boy is here.  Mike has our insurance figured out and finances for me to be off for 6 months.  If you know me there is no way I will be able to not work for even two months.  I love what I do that much.  I am going to do PRN work until I deliver.  Once Mac is here we will see where life takes the Rigbys!!!
“These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33


7 comments:

Lori Cherry said...

Just thought I would check out your blog, since I haven't ever really had a chance to check it out! I read the last two posts & I think you are just AMAZING!! You have the best spirit & the most upbeat personality & I just LOVE that!! I'm so proud of you for standing up to your company & I'm so proud of "Baby Daddy" (lol) for taking such good care of you! I wish you both the best in all of this and I know everything will work out for the best! Everything happens for a reason! You two are amazing and I know little Mac will be too!! Can't wait for him to get here!!!! Rest up Momma!!! Love You!! LC

Amy said...

loved this post!

The Davis Family said...

I am so sorry to hear about what you have been going through with you job. I have heard this same thing happen quite a bit with others and it's just not right! But, we know our God takes care of us and I have a feeling this is going to turn out to be a huge blessing for your family!

Renee and Brandon said...

OHH girl I'm so sorry! This may just be a blessing though, 6 months home with that baby- you will love that. I stayed home with Aiden for 4.5 months and LOVED it. Thank goodness your profession is in high demand and you can hopefully find an even BETTER job soon! Praying for you and baby Mac. PS- you look amazing and only 17lbs thats awesome girl!

Julie Holt said...

Yay! I'm so happy that everything with Baby Mac is going well.
I can't believe how awful your new employer is being! Just hang in there - and know everything happens for a reason!
Praying for you during the end of your pregnancy!

Jessica said...

I cannot believe that about your job! You will LOVE your 6 months home with Mac especially since it will be getting warm soon. Everything will work out just fine! Enjoy those contractions while you can't feel them! :)

chitchatchic said...

Are you are doing great Mary. Keep up the good work you will be back in your jeans in no time!!!