Thursday, November 11, 2010

What's in a name?

Malcolm "Mac" Raylynn Rigby
is our son's official name!
A couple of years ago we came across a book written and illustrated by Mike's paternal grandfather Malcolm Rigby at the age of 9.  At that moment we thought that is such a strong name for a boy.  His grandfather was brilliant and even Amelia Earhart's weatherman.  We also both loved the fact that we can call him "Mac" for short.  Malcolm is from Scottish origin and the name of four kings in Scotland.  I love royalty! Raylyn is a name we came across and it works out great because my father's middle name is Lynn.  Naming a human being is one tough job.  We wanted a strong classic name that would represent him well throughout his life.  It is crazy all the opinions people will throw your way with names.  I would love to know about your name or childrens' names.


2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love his name! And the fact that it is a family name makes it even better! Well I'm sure you know how we came about Riley's name :) Actually his first name is Thomas, which is TAG's first name too. We just liked Averly because we wanted something different but her middle name is Brooke, after TAG's sister. Hope you are feeling well!!

The Davis Family said...

Love that name! Names with meanings are more special!