Saturday, January 15, 2011

Beating the odds!

I wanted to share this amazing story of a soldier who had a similar gun shot wound as Congresswoman Gabrielle Gifford's.  Click HERE  for the video.  A friend of mine from my undergraduate program is the Speech Pathologist who has worked with him this past year.  This was another great reminder of why I love what I do and so thankful God led me to it! 
When tragedies such as the one in Arizona happen it is beyond hard to understand, but now that we are having a baby it makes me feel especially sorry for the shooter's parents.  No one raises their child thinking they could do such a terrible thing to innocent people.  I do believe Gabby is going to continue to be a miracle and surprise us all.  My prayers have been going out to all the victims!

 Here is one of my all time favorite quotes that I try to live daily and hope to raise a sweet boy to do the same:

"Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your husband or wife, to a next door neighbor. Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile. Kindness in your warm greeting." - Mother Teresa


1 comment:

Greg, Kristy, and John Lleyton said...

Mariellen! I follow you thru amy! someone once said. if your hubby or wife dies, your a widow or widdower, or if you are a child and you lose your parents your an orphan....but what are you when you lose your children. That really struck me. Its amazing how having a little one changes things!