Sunday, March 14, 2010

Salon Hunting

The time has come that I have been dreading since I moved.  Time to find a new hair stylist!!!! If you know me you know I am very picky about the care of my hair. To let you in on a personal secret I have had strands of grey since middle school and now there are lots of them. That being said I have to get my hair colored/highlighted about every 2-3 months. The negative is it gets expensive and the positive is I get to try lots of fun colors. About 6 months before I left Nashville I had finally found an amazing stylist Bill Vandiver at The Edge Salon. He is the only stylist who has ever taken the time to get to know me before doing his job. I can't say enough good things about him as a stylist and person. Be on the look out for his reality show coming soon!! If you are in Nashville you must give him a try. I began a couple of weeks ago reading reviews on several salons. I have decided to try Charmed Salon in DC. It had 11 great reviews, no negative reviews, and a 30% off coupon for first time clients, so I took that as my sign. I will keep you posted on how it goes.


2 comments:

We Four Explorers said...

I can relate to the early grey. I've had WHITE hair since I was fifteen and it's getting increasingly troublesome to try to cover it up. As for finding a stylist, I hate that too, because as soon as you find one you like, something always happens...like your favorite lipstick being discontinued. J~

chitchatchic said...

Good Luck. I would probably keep it to the basics the first time:) I hate trying out new stylist, but if something does happen its just hair and you can change it or grow it back:)