We went skiing at the end of February at Bear Creek in Pennsylvania. It was a family event that included M's sisters, brother, brother in law, and 4 of our nephews. I was the only adult who had never skiied along with the 4 year old twins. That was intimidating because I felt so bad having everyone wait on me to pick up the skills. M and I bought a 4 hour pass and I would say for the first 3 I fell and fell and fell (you get the picture). I was so frustrated because I know so many of my friends that ski, so I knew I had to figure it out. First mistake was having my husband teach me (picture heads banging and loss of patience). He didn't know ski sizing had changed since he had last gone, so I started the day with the wrong size. Once I had the right size skis his sister Sheri decided to help me. She was so patient and a great teacher. Well, I still wasn't getting it. I couldn't even get up when I fell. At this point I was so exhausted I took a break and checked into lessons. I was to late at this point for lessons. Mentally I had decided to hang up learning this trip and try at a later time with LESSONS. I went back outside and M's sisters and their families begged me to try a beginner slope. I was thinking how can I do beginner when I can't even get the bunny. Long story short I did the beginner and I FINALLY figured it out. The beginner was much better for the following reasons: less people and more room to get the feel of it. The first time down I fell maybe 8 times and then the second time down I believe I fell once. I was so proud and can't wait to go again. I can say at this point I like it and hopefully after one more trip I will LOVE IT. We were supposed to go to NY this weekend to see my brother's family, but traffic was awful. We drove 5 miles in an hour and it showed no signs of getting better. So no weekend plans for us! Happy Weekend Everyone!!
Nice pizza wedge! lol


1 comment:
I've never been skiing either and I want to so bad. Glad you were able to experience it, so fun! Thanks for the comment and prayers. I will definitely be contacting you when I get through for some job contacts, thanks!
Post a Comment