Friday, June 24, 2011

Thank goodness for 1 month!



Mac,

We made it through the first month!!! PRAISE THE LORD!! Mom and dad were not stupid when we knew it was easier to stay in the hospital for as long as we could, but they do eventually give you the boot.  Once home I definitely had the baby blues for the first 3 weeks.  The cause HORMONES and I could not wrap my head around how much I loved you and how scared I was of losing you.  My mom stayed with us one week after you were born and then Nana stepped in at night the next week.  I do not know what I would have done without these two wonderful women.  Your dad was of course cool as a cucumber the entire month.  He had to travel for work the second week, so I was extra glad to have Nana around.

Weight & Height: 
At your first appointment on March 24th you were almost back at birth weight 7lbs 7oz , 20 inches, and 50th percentile for both.  The next week you made it back to birth weight and had already grown another inch making you the 75% percentile for height and 25th for weight.  At your one month checkup you weighed 8lbs 9 oz and 21 1/4 inches placing you in the 25% for weight and 50th for height.


Sleeping patterns:
3-3.5 hours- mommy however did not sleep the first 3 days ;o)  I just stared at the monitor until my body gave out.


Eating habits:

You eat pretty much every 3 hours around the clock.  Mom has so much milk and a powerful let down that she has to give you breaks every 3 minutes or you get choked and over fill that belly which leads to a big spit up.


Discoveries and accomplishments:

At 3 weeks you began cooing which Mommy loves.  You demonstrate great eye contact and head control at four weeks.  The only time you fuss is when that mean ole gas gets you.  The last very exciting thing this month is your cord finally came off at 2.5 weeks.  Big boy bath time here we come!!


Highlights:
Your first Target trip was when you were 6 days old.  This was really silly on mom's part because we just sat in the lawn and garden area while Mimi shopped because mom was to exhausted and sore.  Hey we made it though!  Your first restaurant outing was to Cowboy cafe at 2 weeks with Nana.  It hit me once in there that I might should worry about germs.  ;o)  Hopefully your mom will stay care free!  You do not like being woken up from a nap.  Your first road trip was at 3.5 weeks to TN to stay with Mimi and Papaw for a week!  You were a dream boat in the car.  We are so lucky to have you baby Mac!!  You have made your parents better people and we are madly in love with our Macaroni! hehe

No comments: