Thursday, October 28, 2010

Chapter 3: What memory?

I have learned the past couple of weeks that a common symptom of pregnancy is memory loss.  I even read where there have been studies of women while pregnant vs. postnatal with significant differences.  Well, ladies and gentleman I definitely have this symptom.  This gets real interesting at work when I am trying to help my patients with memory loss. There are really not to many symptoms I haven't had. lol  Knock on wood for now most seem to have gone away! YAY!  M has even called me crazy pregnant lady because of the forgetfulness.  I have forgotten where I placed my drink, if I put mousse in my hair, if I took my prenatal vitamins, driver's license, sunglasses, keys (while in hand),  and many more that I have already forgotten (you get the picture).  I will try to post when I have these moments.  Most of the time it is pretty funny. 

This story pertains to me forgetting my license.  This Tuesday M and I went to a dinner theater.  I have NEVER been carded at a MOVIE until I am almost 5 months pregnant.  The gentleman at the door would not let me in without my license. I told him I was pregnant and swore I would not be drinking.  His response "you can be 14 and pregnant." M said "I would not be married to a 14 year old."  Needless to say I drove back home and had to get my license.  I guess maybe it's a compliment that I don't look 18.??.... I like to look young, but didn't think I looked that young.  Hopefully this brought a smile to your face! Happy Thursday Everyone!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Welcome to "Preggo Brain"!!! :) Fun times are ahead...the good news is, you will get your memory back after you have baby R but then you lose it again after you try to keep up with feedings, diaper changings, house duties, pets and everything else! All worth it though! :)