Sunday, October 10, 2010

Chapter 2: DECISIONS

At this point I am officially 4 months pregnant!  I haven't gained any weight yet, but that is because I initially lost weight from food aversions and morning sickness.  I am also still working out 3-4 days a week.  Morning sickness stopped at 13 weeks and I was so happy to tell it goodbye!!  Everything else has gone great! We heard the heartbeat on 9-15-10 and it was 160. 
We find out what baby Rigby is in 12 days.  I cannot wait!!!!  I do not see how people wait because I have tried buying gender neutral things and it is slim pickings.  I am thinking of having a gender reveal BBQ.  What are your thoughts on that?  Has anyone done it before?  I was thinking it would be a fun way to tell the surprise and hang out with friends. 
My first baby purchase was a Kate Spade baby bag that I had been eyeing for about a year and I LOVE IT!!!  It is more of a casual one, so I am going to get a really nice one that looks like a purse too.

I should be feeling this little baby sometime soon.  I am not real sure how I know if it's the baby or not. Feel free to give me clues readers!!
 
Now on to the grown up decisions for baby Rigby:
DECISIONS DECISIONS DECISIONS

My MIL and I went shopping for the first time about 3 weeks ago and WOW!!  I was worn out from just looking.  How do mother's know all the things a baby needs?  I need a manual for this!  I would like to pick everything out based on styles, but I know I have to read reviews to get the safest things.  Since we live in this area picking a daycare has to be done ASAP!!! I hope we are not already to late.  I had no clue that daycare would be more than most college tuition's.  You would die if you knew how expensive it is here.  M is really working hard to have some big plans in action when baby Rigby gets here, so if I do not want to return full time I have the option.  I do not think I am the full time stay at home type, but would LOVE LOVE to work part time and PRN.  I am so blessed to be in a field where that is super easy to do.  We learned at our last appointment that we have to pick a pediatrician.  I am glad they told us because that had not crossed our minds once.  M told me the other day that he doesn't think we are going to have any trouble with this newborn....... I immediately signed us up for a baby class. LOL  M is going to be the best father.  He rubs my belly and talks to the baby all the time.  I feel this whole process has us falling in love even more. 

Thanks again GOD!

Stay tuned for the big REVEAL!
XOXO

Belly pictures below:

                                                                            16 Weeks

                                                                            13 weeks
                                                                    12 Weeks

9 Weeks

4 comments:

Jennifer Compton-Pellican said...

Hi Mike and Mariellen! We are so happy and excited for you all! I personally think it would be great to have a BBQ to reveal the sex of the baby. I was never that inventive or patient enough to wait and do something like that! I felt my first baby move early and it felt like gas bubbles and with Michael, it was later in my pregnancy when I felt him move. It's a wonderful experience and again, I'm so happy for you guys!

Jen Compton-Pellican
(I grew up with Mike in Fincastle)

Julie Holt said...

How Exciting! Can't wait to find out the sex :)
I heard of someone having a cake that was dyed either blue or pink on the inside and once they cut the cake, everyone found out the sex. You could even get a card from the ultrasound tech and give it to the baker so you don't even know until cutting the cake -- just an idea!

Amy said...

I'm so excited to find out if we are looking at American Girl store trips in New York City OR fun boy stuff (whatever that might be...hee hee). Either way, I love your sweet baby already! :) Amy

Jessica said...

Girl. As far as knowing what all to get, don't be afraid to ask bc there's no way you'll know unless someone tells you. I have a list of "dos" & don'ts" that a friend of mine started & other people have added to it. If you want me to email it to you I will. Just let me know :)

Also I think a gender reveal party would be so much fun but I was always too impatient to wait to tell everyone. So was TAG. I did good just to make blue & pink cookies for our family to guess. If you do the party you should let people guess what it is when before you cut the cake or let a balloon out or something! The winners could get some candy or something fun! Good luck! I can't wait to hear what Baby Rigby is!