Thursday, June 24, 2010

Polo and Popeyes!?!?

On June 12 I attended my first polo match USA vs. India with girlfriends.  I had know idea what to expect and that the Salahis aka "The White House party crashers" were the host.  I found that ironic considering it was held on federal property.  In the past this has been a huge nice event with a fashion show, concerts, vendors, wine, food, silent auction, etc.  Well, that was not the case this year... to give you a visual the Salahis thought Popeyes was an adequate representation of American cuisine. WHAT?!?!  The Indian cuisine was represented much better, but that is not difficult when you are competing against Popeyes.  Keep in mind the 12 of us paid alot of money to attend this event VIP.  There was not a fashion show or concert, no wine opener for the first two hours (wine was from the Salahis' vineyard Oasis), and the silent auction had no certificates of authenticity for the items.  It was pretty disappointing, but here are some highlights:  I now like polo, Bravo TV was there, USA won, and I met another DC housewife "Michaele Salahi".  By the way she was super nice and pretty. 
"Team USA"

No comments: