Friday, April 9, 2010

Best of Washington Voting Party

My favorite new friend here Ms. Hillary Francis invited me to go with her to this invite only party hosted by "The Washingtonian."   That is the local magazine here that Washington lives by.  It is the region’s top source of information for dining, shopping, entertainment, and personalities.  Hillary plans weddings at "Union Station"  which is a beautiful venue. 
Photo from Union Station

It was pretty funny me being there because I would love to say I know it all here, but that is pretty impossible.  We mingled, tasted wonderful wines, and appetizers.  The press was there taking so many pictures of everyone.  One of the guys pointed out a lady from the DC housewives who was there.  Here is a very interesting wine from the party "Meditrina."   I knew M would like it because the wholesaler said it goes great with ANYTHING off the grill.  This wine is created from Pinot Noir, Syrah, and Zinfandel. YUM!  Thanks Hillary for such a fun evening in the big city!! XOXO 
Photo from Meditrina
I loved the label!

My parents ended up not coming this weekend, so I am going to enjoy my day off.  I have tons of errands I have been needing to do for a while now.  The weather here has been AMAZING which has given me lots of time to fix the flower beds at this house.  Since this is not our home I don't want to spend alot of money, so that has been my challenge with this jungle of flower beds.  I know nothing has been done to them in years.  I have always LOVED flowers and think I am beginning to have a green thumb.  The flowers all over this city are BEAUTIFUL!  Happy Weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Hillary Francis said...

Aw you're so sweet! So glad you could come! The photographers loooooved your flare- LOL Those apps though were no good- thank goodness Zaytinya was around the corner! XO