Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blizzard vs. Snow Showers 101

M and I are finally settled into our charming little home.  We had a super bowl party and were able to fit 8 people in our home nicely.  Since being here I have learned to navigate the metro, how to get to Lebanese Taverna, shovel snow, the difference in a blizzard and snow showers, how to drive in the snow, and how to live without a microwave.  My job is going good and I love the area of DC I work in.  Little did I know I was moving to a winter wonderland.  It has snowed so much since I have been here.  I am at home today because of an additional foot of snow to the 2 feet we got this weekend.  I am the only one in the area that is still loving it considering until this I had only seen maybe 6 inches in my lifetime.  My girlfriend from Boston here said she had to shovel snow before going to school most days.  Here are some of my favorite pictures we took last weekend! Oh and the difference between a blizzard and snow showers is the high winds and poor visibility.  XOXO

*Winter Wonderland*

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm glad to hear you're loving it in DC! Wow all that snow is awesome! I bet it is hard adjusting to driving in that for sure! I love the pictures of y'all & the dogs playing in the snow. Looks like so much fun!

Julie Holt said...

Wow!! Its sooo pretty! It sounds like you are having a great time! I completely understand the adjusting to snow thing --- I'm still loving it though, too!

chitchatchic said...

I can not believe the amount of snow!!! Crazy, I would be loving it for maybe a day:) You sound like you are settling in pretty well!!!