It has only been a year since my last post. First all Happy Father's Day to all the amazing dads out there! I hope you all know how loved you are. We sure got lucky with my husband. He is a rockstar in the dad department. The Rigbys are headed north for the summer and I am sitting in the back keeping the little boys happy. I decided to post my thoughts on this topic because it is constantly on my mind. I wonder if other women do the same. I am a speech language pathologist (SLP) as most of you know and LOVE what I do. I also LOVE being a wife and mother. It is really hard at times to balance it all and give myself the me time I need to keep sane. One way I have done better at balancing it all is I have learned to say no and that it is okay.
There are times that I often wonder in my career if I am pushing myself to my full potential. Right now I am working as a school based SLP and stepped into this work setting because I wanted to have more time with my boys. I really feel it is the best balance with working full time and being a mother. I get off by 4:00 and have all those wonderful breaks that are so deserved by educators! As much as I love my job I often feel the urge to doing something more challenging. I have thought of going back to med school (too old), law school, PA school, starting my own therapy company, and just moving into a big rehab company to climb the corporate ladder. As you can tell lots of thoughts in my head all the time. Every time I feel the urge to do one of those the mom guilt gets me and I decide to continue enjoying my comfy life as it is. I keep reminding myself they are only little once and work will always be there. Do other women and mothers go through this same thought process? I would love to know your thoughts on it!
I feel men are really lucky because for the most part they know they will work hard in a career. I do not feel they have the "dad guilt" as much as we do.
Maybe this is a start to me blogging again!


No comments:
Post a Comment