Sunday, December 5, 2010

6 Months

6 Months

Mac now weighs 1lb 7 ounces with all his measurements at average for his age.  I have gained 9 lbs and have still managed to keep up a workout routine.  He has been labeled as "Super Active" by the past two ultrasounds.  That makes me laugh out loud because everyone that knew me as a child knows I was a wild thing.  This sweet little boy is going to probably give us a run for our money.  I am looking forward to every minute.  Daddy and I can see you moving every night.  The first time you heard music you were going WILD.  I am hoping that it means you will love music as much as I do.  I haven't had any specific cravings and my appetite is the same as it's always been.  My belly has literally sprouted these past 4 weeks.  I sometimes feel that is gets bigger each day.  Mike's first comment to me on Wednesday morning was "babe your front end is definitely bigger than the back end."  Men know how to tell it like they see it. 

We were extra thankful after this ultrasound (US) because at his 18 week US they found out that he only has two vessels in his umbilical cord instead of three.  I chose not to tell many people about this at first because it could have been something and vice versa.  I knew after the 24 week US we would know if lots of extra prayers were needed.  Well, he is perfectly healthy and this is suspected to be isolated to the umbilical cord only.  PRAISE GOD!!!  So baby Mac you have already had one heck of a photo shoot.  On Tuesday you had a level 2 US and an echocardiogram by the baby heart God of DC.  Apparently fetal cardiologist are one in a million.  She told me that the size of his heart right now is that of a marble and I was blown away at how well you could see each chamber.  I am so thankful that I have found this amazing facility and group of doctors to have our baby with.  There is a 1% chance of having a two vessel cord.  I told Mike we should go and play the lottery!!! I really wasn't to freaked out by it because having a medical background I knew that since there were no other issues at the 18 week US that more than likely he was going to be just fine.  Since all is well we are supposed to have an ultrasound every four weeks from here on out to monitor his growth and kidney function.  I am excited to be able to go into an US and just enjoy seeing our baby boy.  Baby Mac you are already one tough little boy! We love you so much!!
XOXO,

Mom & Dad    

No comments: