After 2 and 1/2 years of working full time with children I have gone into a different area of my profession. I know I will miss my autism babies. I am now working in a skilled nursing facility with outpatient services. I am loving it! I get to be involved with the families and improving the quality of life for my patients. Majority of my patient's are geriatrics and I love their sweet hearts. When I am taking care of my patient's I treat them as if they were my own family. Most of my patients have had CVAs, cancer, pneumonia, TBIs, and dementia. My job reminds me to never take a day for granted with the ones I love. Being a Speech Language Pathologist you have a large range of things you are qualified to do. That is one of my top reasons for loving what I do. I tend to get bored easily, so having options is good. We can work with newborns through geriatrics. This field is in a high demand all over the world, it's flexible, it's growing, and it's recession proof. If someone is looking for a career change the rehab setting is the way to go. That includes us, occupational, and physical therapy.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Life is good when you love what you do!
It's great to hear you love your job!
Post a Comment