Thursday, June 26, 2008

"So how is married life?"



It still seems so surreal that Mike and I are married. I have gotten this question a million times since our wedding "So how is married life?" At first I was like well it's pretty much the same, but official. I have now got an awesome answer prepared for the next time it's asked, (drum roll please........) "It's great because you have your best friend with you almost all the time." This is very true and it is one of the best things about being married. Chores such as going to the grocery store, getting gas, yard work, laundry, etc are alot more fun when you have your best friend with you. I am one of the lucky wives whose man does the cooking. Whooohooo!!! It was so funny when Mike and I started seriously dating and exchanging holidays because in my family the men do not do anything and the women slave in the kitchen (well except me ;o)). Mike's family was a totally different story. The women sit back and drink wine while the men cook amazing meals. That was the moment I knew Mike was THE ONE!!! haha Seriously it has worked out very well in our home because I do not really cook at all, but I can sure clean. So our first Rigby Rule: Whoever cooks doesn't clean up after dinner. To close my first OFFICIAL blog "So how is married life?" it's perfect!

1 comment:

E said...

That's the way the Hornsby household works too...all the men (my Dad and bro) do all the main cooking. We women just sip on our wine and play with the little one....isn't life grand?