Breastfeeding
To be honest I wanted to do it for all the amazing benefits for him and to help me lose the baby weight. It seriously came off except for 2 lbs in less than 2 weeks. It has been so much more than that. I love going to the doctor and seeing how much weight he has gained all because of me. I love how he needs me. It is such a special time between you and your baby! It can be demanding at times, but I am so thankful it has worked out for us. I made small goals for myself and my most recent is 6 months. I know right now I will not be ready to completely stop by then. I am traveling alot these next couple of months and working full time, so that may lead to some use of formula.
For future mommies here are the things that helped me:
1. Find a support group near your home
2. Find friends on facebook who have babies close to the age of yours (My friends I have connected with have been such lifesavers through this crazy wonderful adventure. Love you ladies!!)
3. Be prepared to breastfeed before the baby gets here with all the equipment things (bras, pumps, etc) you will need
4. Do not be afraid to ask for help at the hospital (I found the nurses more helpful than the lactation specialist)
5. Fight through those first couple of weeks because they are the hardest and then the next hard phase is managing a life while breastfeeding. Once you figure that out you are good to go.
6. Think of the money you are saving $$$ (Since I was not working and we needed to save that was a big motivator for me)
7. Get a cute cover for feeding in public if you do not want to bare all. I honestly do not care about this anymore, but at first I was nervous.
8. Get your husband on board with you
9. Get the breastfriend!!
Mac is already a boob man! hahaha




2 comments:
From Jessica! *Sorry girl it accidently got deleted.
It is a wonderful thing! I breastfed Riley for 8.5 months & Averly for 13! I am so thankful it was easy for me too! It is SO good for the baby. And like you said, it helps you drop that baby weight fast!! Plus you save a ton of money! Way to go Mariellen! Hope y'all are doing great!
What?!? No pictures? :) I'll call you cup of jo if you add some. so proud of you, such an amazing accomplishment! so fun watching you be a mommy! love you SOOOOOO much!
Post a Comment