Day 1
7-12-10:
I thought I might have been late, but not really sure because the monthly process was always off. I bought a box of tests at Walgreens on my walk home to the metro. I had no symptoms and really did not think I was pregnant. I almost took the test in "On the Run" bathroom, but did not because it was soooo nasty! Thank goodness I didn't because I don't know if I would have made it home. I ran upstairs opened the test and it was a digital one (fancy). I did my thing on the stick and an hour glass popped up. It was taking to long so I sat it down and came back to it a couple of minutes later "pregnant." I yelled OMG and M ran up the stairs immediately started asking if I was serious! Once he saw it he brought me water to drink so I could take another test. After that he immediately wanted to go tell his family. I on the other hand was on the couch in shock and crying about all the needles I would have to face. HAHA When your husband is jumping up and down so excited you get over that real quick. We then called my family and told his family by using a curtain story. Everyone was soooo excited and his parents took us to dinner.
Day 2:
I CAN'T FOCUS at WORK!!!!!! The only thing I wanted to do was get on the Internet and figure out what I was supposed to do. I learned real quick that I knew even less than I thought about babies and pregnancy. I thought when you took a pregnancy test that you were then 1 week pregnant. WRONG?!?! lol
Day 3:
Insurance/Short Term Disability breakdown
Day 4:
Getting so excited, trusting God, and still feeling good.
2 weeks later
7-30-10:
MORNING (on and off all day) SICKNESS has begun, but hey I have finally lost those last 5 lbs. Who knew that getting pregnant would get me there.
8-6-10
First doctor appointment and now everybody knows! YAY!
Recap of first visit:
I have never been so scared in my entire life. M was being supportive, but had know idea how terrified I was until right before we left the house when I started bawling. I was so scared of the baby not being okay, the unknown, and the BLOOD TESTS!!! I have only had my blood drawn one time in my life and I had 5 people holding me still. If you don't believe that story ask my dad. I had so many people praying for our family. Once in the office I immediately felt the power of prayer. I was very thankful that I already knew my OBGYN from previous appointments. M seemed to like her as well. The hospital is literally 5 minutes from our house. The appointment went well and then they needed blood. I had already planned out how I was going to handle it. My entire body was shaking like crazy. The girl was super sweet and once she realized how scared I was she said let's just do this quick and I will worry with the paperwork later. It really did not hurt and I felt so brave after it was over. The doctor had not planned on doing and ultrasound today, but M and I wanted one. I am a very visual person and needed to see our baby and that heart beat. They scheduled it for that afternoon. We get into the waiting room and they call me back. The lady handed me two gowns to change into. She said take off you underwear and pants. I was immediately confused. "Why in the world did I need my pants off? I only knew of one kind of ultrasound and it did not involve my pants being off!" :o) Before I did that I stuck my head back out and asked. She asked, "How far along are you?" and then after my response said "oh that's why." She still did NOT answer my question. M and I go back to the dark room and the lady did the belly thing. M immediately spotted the baby. I could not look until she said the baby was ok. Next comes the answer to my previous question: "Okay please insert this until I say stop. WHAT?!?!" Nobody had warned me about this. The lady then explained it, so I went along and got to see our baby's sweet heartbeat.
This is an incredible experience and I feel so blessed! Look forward to many more chapters of this book. I hope it will give confidence to other mom's to be one day. I am one clueless future mom who never really knew if I was meant to be a mom. I am sitting back enjoying this crazy ride and thankful for each day.
This is an incredible experience and I feel so blessed! Look forward to many more chapters of this book. I hope it will give confidence to other mom's to be one day. I am one clueless future mom who never really knew if I was meant to be a mom. I am sitting back enjoying this crazy ride and thankful for each day.



6 comments:
This is too funny! Mariellen, I love you, girl and you're going to make a great mommy!
Haha there was a lot of things about pregnancy & childbirth that nobody ever told me & I had to find out the hard way too! It's a fun experience though-even through all the sickness :) you will be a wonderful mom! I think everybody is clueless in the beginning.
I love you mommy to be!
Ok you are so cute!! And CONGRATS, by the way!!! Here's the deal... I am so glad to read this post because I feel the same way about (one day) being pregnant. I don't even know if I want kids because I am so scared of the pain that comes with it. I appreciate and value your honesty! xx
http://lindsaylovesitall.blogspot.com
Everything will be fine! I was really really scared of labor/birth for about 38 weeks but when it came time I was just ready for him to be out! :) I was also really scared of an epidural (needle in the back? no thanks, I'd only had blood drawn like twice in my entire life) but I was begging for the epidural and didn't even feel it! I have faith in you! Just enjoy every minute of the experience because it's an absolute miracle!
MER
We both really enjoyed this, I think you need to write a book if the rest of your story is as good as this first few days.
Much Love from Very Proud Parents
Mimi and Papa
Post a Comment