
For those of you who have never been to the area it is all really REALLY close together. I didn't realize it until Mike and I started dating long distance in 2005. You can be in 4 states in about 30 minutes. For my job I went ahead and got a VA and DC license and have considered Maryland. "crazyness" I know! The place I am most excited about being closer to is NYC!!!!!! If you know me you know I LOVE LOVE that place. I will soon be a 4.5 hour car ride or 4 hour train ride or 1 hour flight away. I will decide on a job officially tommorrow. I had 3 offers and have narrowed it down to two. Once that is squared away we will begin the hunt for a home. I will definitely miss our TN home soon to be known as our country get away. There is TONS to do in the area. Once established I am going to work on getting to tour the White House. Since I was a little girl I have been fascinated by old homes. I believe the WH would be the "crem dela crem" of them all. DC has 16 Smithsonians, Ford's theater, Nationals MLB team,
Washington Redskins football team (I will always be a Titan though ;o)), Arlington Cemetary, National zoo, Nation's capital, Mount Vernon, and I could go on for days. There are also lots of cool things to see in the surrounding cities. One of my favorite places is Annapolis, MD. It is one of the oldest cities in MD and it sits on the western shore of the Chesapeake Bay "yummy Maryland Blue Crab". There are so many more things than I have mentioned above. So even though I have seen alot over the last couple of years I do not believe I will ever run out of new things to do.


No comments:
Post a Comment